Safety Mission Statement
The personal health and safety of each employee is of primary importance. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illnesses is given precedence over operating productivity whenever necessary. In keeping with the highest standards, management will provide all reasonable mechanical and physical facilities required for personal health and safety. We will maintain and enforce a health and safety program conforming to industry best practices. This program requires cooperation in all health and safety matters between not only supervisor and employee, but also fellow employees. Only a cooperative effort can improve safety performance.
Critical components of our safety program
- Conducting a program of health and safety that includes inspections to identify and control unsafe working conditions or practices, control health hazards, and to comply with the health and safety requirements for every job.
- Training all employees in good health and safety practices, and conducting individual and group meetings to communicate safety issues.
- Providing necessary personal protective equipment and instructions for its use and care.
- Developing effective health and safety policies and requiring that employees understand and adhere to these rules as a condition of employment.
- Understanding that unsafe behavior, specifically the interaction between employees and equipment, is the root cause of most incidents.
- Conducting prompt and thorough investigations of every accident to determine the cause and correct the problem so that it will not occur again.
- Ensuring that safety is never compromised for our employees or customers and that all employees: operational, administrative or otherwise are held accountable to the same extent.
- Recognizing that all injuries, work related injuries and environmental incidents are preventable; and providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Focusing on the safety program and unsafe behavior will result in a reduction of incidents with the ultimate goal being the elimination of all recordable injuries, illnesses and incidents.
For more information contact the Cemstone Safety Director at 651-688-9292 or contact us.